YOU ASKED. WE ANSWERED
Q: What are antibody tests?
WHAT’S IMPORTANT TODAY
Lockdowns extended, as others lift
Russia rolls out ‘cyber Gulag’
Vladimir Putin says Russia has “nothing to boast about” when it comes to its handling of a worsening outbreak, and warned that the number of seriously ill patients is on the rise.
Health concerns mount over potential treatment
Democracy under threat
Child custody claims rise
ON OUR RADAR
- Vietnam has set up “rice ATMs” in several cities to provide free food to people out of work.
- The Chinese government is handing out cash to car buyers to revive sales crushed by the pandemic. l
- Hair dye is the new toilet paper. With salons closed, people are taking grooming into their own hands, panic buying hair clippers and at-home coloring kits.
- “Ghosts” are roaming the streets of a neighborhood in Indonesia’s central Java province trying to spook people into staying home.
- Soccer fans looking for a fix are tuning into leagues in Belarus, Burundi, Nicaragua, Tajikistan and Taiwan, which are still playing despite pleas from the WHO to stop.
- Struggling to stay afloat, restaurant owners listed a rare bourbon for $20,000. A veteran bought it for $40,000.
“There’s really just one single public health intervention which can be effective in jails or prisons across the board: and that’s to release as many vulnerable people as possible.” — Dr. Zachary Rosner, NYC Correctional Health Services chief